There will be a public hearing at the Ford River Township Hall at 3845 K. Road, Bark River, MI 49807 on September 10th, 2018 at 7pm. The public hearing will be held during the regular Board Meeting, to discuss the following proposed changes to the resolution establishing water rates and usage.
- Water rate for residential use to increase from current rate of $39 for the first 5,000 gallons to $49 for the first 5,000 gallons. Overages shall increase from current $3.90 to $12.00 per 1,000 gallons of overage.
- Water rate for commercial use to increase from current $41 for the first 5,000 gallons to $51 for the first 5,000 gallons. Overages shall increase from current $7.80 to $19.50 per 1,000 gallons of overage.
- Reconnection free for turn on of a delinquent or shut off due to nonpayment will increase from $40 to $45.
- The security deposit shall be held for 12 consecutive months instead of the current 24 consecutive months.
- The billing cycle shall reflect bills to be due the 20th of each month as stated on the bills instead of the 25th listed in the resolution.
Anyone wishing to give testimony at the public hearing will be heard. Written testimony will be accepted by the Supervisor at: e-mail: email@example.com, mail: 3845 K. Road, Bark River, MI 49807, phone: 399-6411
Any questions or request for inspection of proposed changes to be made with the clerk at e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, mail: 3845 K. Road, Bark River, MI 49807, phone:786-8532.